The Goal

OPERATION FLAT BELLY

Saturday, February 25, 2012

My Little Secret

So far in my life when I've made major decisions I kept the details under wraps from those who have even the remotest influence over me. From remarrying my ex husband, to cutting my hair, I was able to follow my true hearts desire because I didn't have any naysayers in my ear. Hence why I'll be keeping my lips sealed about my plastic surgery plans.


Yep, I'm back to that again. Funny I always come back to it. This marks the sixth year that I've been toying with the idea of this quick fix. Until my mom advised me to wait until my son was like four or five, I'd planned to have the surgery after dedicating a solid year to eating right and consistently exercising. In the interim, Kanye West's mom died from complications on the surgery and the daughter of my moms friend complained that her stomach fat came back after having the surgery. Later, my boyfriend convinced me that the surgery wasn't worth the risk. He said I was sexy like just as was.

While that is true, at the end of the day I still can't stand the unsightly saggy skin that I've known as my stomach for the last 16 years. Of everyone in my family and circle of friends, I'm the most health conscience. I exercise more often than not. I stopped buying packages of junk food for my kitchen years ago. I hardly drink pop. I embrace opportunities to move my body. Still, this fat has made my belly its permanent home. How unfair is that?

Pride and fear also interfered with my plans. Having surgery made me feel like a failure, not to mention vain. Is it morally wrong to risk my life for sheer vanity? Then again, I'm not a 50 year old woman with high cholesterol or heart disease and such. Thanks to my years of trying to rid myself of this belly fat, I'm a pretty healthy person.

Exercising all of my adult life, I'm doubtful that I'll be one of those people who gain the weight back. This is a one time thing for me. No seconds, especially after what I've heard about the recovery process. I wouldn't be surprised if I was finally able to give up sugar and all forms of fast food to ensure no more fat settles around my belly EVER again!

I'll keep you posted!

LaCharmine (L.A.) Jefferson
Author, Writer, Blogger
Website: www.lajefferson.com
Blogs by me:
L.A.'s Literary Love Life@ http://lajefferson.blogspot.com
A Day in the Life of L.A. Jefferson @ http://lajefferson.blogspot.com
All Things Love @ http://all-things-love.blogspot.com
Naturally L.A. @ http://naturallyla.wordpress.com
Surviving Work @ http://survivingmydayjob.wordpress.com
Follow me on Twitter @lajefferson

No comments:

Post a Comment