The Goal

OPERATION FLAT BELLY

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Confession of the Day: Questionable Motivation

"Mommy, I haven't seen you work out this hard in a long time." My daughter commented while we were exercising in our apartment's fitness center yesterday. And, yes, I was working out harder than I had in previous exercise sessions. Ironically, she had no idea that she was behind the intensity--her and her dad.

Yes. Her dad, of all people. Apparently, the Sunday before when he attended church he made a comment about me being a "big girl"! Had my loose lip daughter not felt the need to share this unflatterring information with me I would have been none the wiser, but that isn't the case. She let it out and I had a reaction that even I hadn't anticipated.

Embarrassment. For lack of a better word, that's the closest sentiment that describes how I felt. My ex-husband and I have a history. A big part of that history is him always finding me attractive. Don't get me wrong. This isn't about me wanting my ex to keep having the hots for me, but the last thing I want for him to be doing is looking at me, like "Uggh. She's letting herself go." I wouldn't want any of my ex's to view me like that. Just so happens that he's the ex I'm going to encounter on a regular basis because of our children.

So, yes. I was getting my physical fitness on BIG time to turn this situation around. PRONTO!

No comments:

Post a Comment