The Goal

OPERATION FLAT BELLY

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Self-Sabotage So Soon

7:15 A.M.

Last night I reaffirmed my goal of getting rid of this unsightly belly fat. Even if that means renewing my gym membership for the next few months. Even if that means reconfiguring my schedule--or creating one--so that I can have adequate time for reading, writing, family, AND fitness! Side note: the way in which the above items are listed is purely coincidental and says nothing of their order of importance. Anyway, I'm just wondering why in the heck I wake up thinking about a damn cinnamon crunch bagel w/hazelnut cream cheese??? Can you say self-sabotage? Seriously, for about 2 minutes I lay in bed contemplating if it were possible for me to get up, shower, detour to Panera Bread and get to work by 7:00 A.M. Considering it was already a quarter to six, I concluded--not so sadly--not. Was I sad? No, because I knew I was wrong as two left feet.

Then, after I'm dressed and preparing to leave I quietly scold myself for not disciplining myself to have gotten up early enough to get a workout in instead of thinking about a damn bagel first thing in the morning. SMDH!

On the drive to work, I consider a donut from the cafeteria when I go for coffee!

Does this sound like the thoughts of a person disgusted by fat currently hanging over the top of her pants? NOT! SMDH again!

No comments:

Post a Comment