The Goal

OPERATION FLAT BELLY

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

Of course, everyone follows suit with their New Year's resolution on the first day of the new year. And the first week, for that matter. I'm no different. Still I can't help reporting my success on this first day. Gotta celebrate the small successes, right? Right. So here we go...

We woke up late this morning and after dancing for two hours straight at the New Edition concert, I was hardly planning to cook breakfast. Off to brunch we went. Kerby Coney Island. Whereas my usual meal would have been a Belgian waffle, scrambled eggs, and turkey sausage, this morning--afternoon, actually--I opted for an egg white omelet, with 1/2 an order of hash browns, and only a few squares of my son's pancakes. A couple of hours later I was at my mom's for her traditional New Year's dinner of black eyed peas, greens, and baked chicken. Delicious & healthy!

If I keep this up, I'll be skinny-fat no more!

Happy New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment