The Goal

OPERATION FLAT BELLY

Thursday, December 1, 2011

My New Doable Exercise Plan

Yesterday I spent my lunch period at work working out. Since our building managers have finally refurnished our fitness center with a working television with DVD & VHS player, I was excited to get back to working out AT WORK. For my particular circumstances, it's the best way for me to achieve some sort of consistency with my exercise regimen, which we all know is one of the keys to success.

Although I purchased and have received the 10lb Slimdown program by Chris Freytag, that program is entirely too intense for me to do at work. I'd be too sweaty and would definitely need to take a shower, which would prolong my lunch time, thus my time at work. Who wants to do that, right? Therefore, right now I'm working out with Leslie Sansone Walk at Home video. It's perfect for the workout regimen I'm creating for myself.

The program is 5 mile walking program broken down in individual 1 mile walks. My plan, which I devised yesterday, is to do one mile in the morning before work, 2-3 miles at work between my lunch & two breaks, and the last mile in the evening when I get home. If I keep that up, plus eating more vegetables & drinking more water--the other part of my weight loss plan--I should be able to see noticeable results by the end of the year.

Oh yeah, speaking of weight loss, I plan to do this without getting on the scale if that's possible. Those darn numbers can be so discouraging when they don't budge after you put in considerable effort! I figure I can pick out a pair of pants that fit too tight right now and measure my progress with those. After all, it is my waistline that's my primary concern. The jury's still out on that one. I might weigh myself this Sunday. We'll see.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment